Monday, November 24, 2008

Taped Journals

Research papers. Blogs. Articles. I have my entire life written down.

I stumbled upon a LiveJournal I had my sophomore year. It was silly--rambunctious banter about who was dating whom, who was in a fight with whom: "I hate Jillian. Hilary's a liar. Sean! Brandon! yadda yadda yadda".

I blushed when I read it. I mean, how embarrassing is it to not only see your horrendous grammar in action but think about the relationships you have with these people now and how ridiculous you were being then. In a LiveJournal, you of your past is preaching about how they are right--you of today is realizing how wrong past you is. And yet, it's sweet.

At nineteen, because I've had my life written, I can reminisce about things that happened less than five years ago. So about that debate: "to blog or not to blog?" I say, why not. It will bring you joy in the end.

No comments: