Friday, November 7, 2008

Mel Brooks is the best thing that ever happened

If anyone has ever watched a movie, it should have been directed by Mel Brooks. Everyone of his films, and believe me I've watched every one, is something beyond "what the hell?" and into the stratosphere of "awesome". The curious characters, witty remarks and sarcastic parodies of almost everything are what makes his movies something different. And watching Mel Brooks himself, you are not too surprised by how his movies turned out. If anyone has every heard of the two thousand year old man, you get what I'm saying. His spunk has lightened my mood for as long as I can remember. My mom even sent me a quote yesterday. It's perfect. 

"Look, I really don't want to wax philosophic, but I will say that if you're alive, you got to flap your arms and legs, you got to jump around a lot, you got to make a lot of noise because life is the very opposite of death.  And therefore, as I see it, if you're quiet, you're not living.  You've got to be noisy, or at least your thoughts should be noisy and colorful and lively."

Mel Brooks

He's going to be one of those celebrities for me that I don't know at all, but I still find myself weeping when they die. 

No comments: