Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Santa Clause strikes again

Last night was a marathon of The Santa Clause on TV. Yep. One, two and three. I only partook in viewing the first one--it was all I could handle at the moment.

I forgot about Tim Allen, honestly. What happened to that guy? Sure, he pops up every once in a while to make a castrophic mistake (Shaggy Dog--enough said), but what about Tim "the Toolman" Taylor, who everyone adored for years? Even jolly old Saint Nick, who comes in every Christmas on ABC Family.

I can't lie. That movie brings back memories. What nine year old didn't love that movie? And now? It's a joke. Not quite a cinematic classic--it falls underneath the shelf until November-December. It comes back and we laugh at how Tim Allen is best known for putting on a hundred pounds and festive red robe. It's sad, don't you think? In a month I'll tuck it away in my memory, along with all the made for TV movies and Christmas themed comedies, until next year when I can relive this experience all over again.

No comments: