Sunday, November 23, 2008

Get ready for some FOooooooozzzzballlll

The leaves are turning colors, there is a notable chill in the air, football season is in full swing and surprise, surprise I'm a fan. Being the self respecting Texan I am, of course im a Dallas Cowboy follower. However due to some recent events taking place within that team, I have been turned off to tuning in every Sunday to root for my boys. Most notably with quarterback Tony Romo, who due to a recent fracture in his left pinkie finger missed a few games and seriously jeopardied the Cowboys contention for a playoff spot. This, in my opinion, is completely unacceptable for two big reasons:

1. He is paid millions upon millions of dollars to play this game and win, and though he is still paid that sum while caressing his boo boo, it simply isn't fair. Play for the love of the game--not the love of money. And.. actually play.

2. It's just a pinkie. Play through the pain. Tony's hands may be important, but a broken bone the size of, well, my pinkie, is no excuse.

Players in the past have played through far worse pain and for much less money than you Mr. Romo. For example Ronnie Lott, a linebacker in the mid 80's for the Fourty Niners had his left pinkie finger ripped off in a game. He then had it hastily wrapped up and finished the game.

The same finger you had a small fracture in, Tony, this man had violently detatched from his hand and still played instead of opting to sit out a few games. I guess that doesn't say a whole lot about your commitment to the game, but now that your back and we're winning again I cant stay too mad at you. Afterall the Cowboys are still my team and your still my quarterback, and no matter how big a girl you are I still promise to have your back. I pinkie promise.

No comments: