Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Austin Tea Party

Tea parties are something that should have never left our generation. It's as if the youth of America, aside from three year old girls, missed out on the opportunity to gather in mid-afternoon to delight in conversation with the ladies of the town. Even when writing about it I feel that I have to be from Savannah. The voice in my head has gradually shifted to southern belle. Why is it though? For my thirteenth birthday, me and my closest friends had a tea party (an ACTUAL tea party) at the Ritz in downtown Houston. I had a great time. But, unfortunately, because of the standards my peers have placed upon me, if I go to a tea party now, or mention that I plan to attend one, I will be scoffed. If you are one of those who feel that way... you are not invited to my tea party.

No comments: