Monday, September 29, 2008

Austin City Limits: weed, bikinis, and music

My very first ACL. Hopefully not my last. Though I stood out like a sore thumb: jeans, straightened hair, and a brain filled half empty of musical knowledge--I had one of the greatest times in my life. At one moment I laid on a blanket in the grass, looking up at the cloudless sky and just let all the music from all the bands envelop my entire person. The dust and smoke consumed me. I listened. I danced. I stood in the back and watched people experience this same thing: a consumption. An overdose of music. The way the eyes lit up when a band took the stage and played their favorite song. It was amazing. Music has been described as having a "scene"--at ACL, it was an entire act. ACL was a show in itself, one that I hope I can see traditionally.

No comments: