Monday, December 8, 2008

Plastic surgery made me beautiful

I have seen five plastic surgery ads in the last thirty minutes. I don't remember seeing any ads about the procedures a few years ago. Is this something new? I mean, this has got to say something about our country when there are ads showcasing multiple clinics that do the same job. Plastic surgery is a big deal. I guess I never really noticed it before. I always thought it was something only the "elite" were accessable to. Nope. I could hit up one of those clinics and getter breasts and a new chin if I wanted to. Thanks for making that a possibility?
It's great for some, I suppose. But I just wish we valued everyone's natural beauty more. I like plastic surgery for the fact that women and men can come out of a surgery feeling better about themselves--I'm all for people having confidence. But wouldn't it be wonderful if we could wake up every morning with our "small" breasts, "undefined" chin and say I like the way I look. That will never be, no matter how much I hope.

No comments: