Monday, December 1, 2008

Oh Reeves. Please.


See that face? Nothing.

"Where'd you learn to act? The Keanu Reeves school of acting?" Reeves is a bad actor, and you may take this blog as simply a reiteration of that. Really, it is. Because guess what? He did it again.

I'd like to say I have some respect for the man since he's been able to rise to the stardom he has, but with every movie he makes I end up punching myself in the eye because, though I can't stop watching, I'd rather be blind. Now, I have a background in theatre, so I'm partially biased, but honestly, my high school chums could not only out-act the man, but get a higher score on a math test. And Ol' Keanu is bringing agony yet again with his newest action/adventure flick: The Day the Earth Stood Still.

The film, about an alien and his robot counterpart, has a trailer that closely resembles a film that he's done three times before. The same gloomy atmosphere, the same bright green fluorescent lighting, and even a female counterpart that looks just like Trinity! And, of course, there's that face. The "what? Oh.. my.. god... I don't get it" face that Keanu has made famous.

I just wish.. I really really wish he would just stop.

Either that or make a movie with Sylvester Stallone. They would be brothers.

No comments: