Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The point of ACL is...

I went in Zilker park this weekend with no apparent knowledge of the attending bands or music in general. I bought my tickets six months ago fully aware that six months later I would be walking in to Zilker park with no apparent knowledge of the attending bands or music in general. I did not prepare. I did not study. And, now, I'm in love with N.E.R.D.
You see, the point of MY ACL is that I am able to see firsthand what people have fallen in love with days, months, years prior. I'm not stealing their bands; I'm realizing why their so loved.
And while I was dancing my heart out while Pharell sang "all the girls standing in the line for the bathroom", I said to myself "I get it".
I bought their CD and I have not taken it out of my stereo. I still uncontrollably shake my shoulders every time I hear them. And so what if I'm late; I'm not a true fan. I'm on their side now thanks to ACL.

No comments: